Packing and preparing for a fishing trip can be a daunting process. These tips break down fishing trip preparation into a step by step process that will ensure that nothing is overlooked or forgotten. The difference between a pleasant and a miserable fishing trip is often made before a single line is cast, so read these tips to be sure you are prepared for anything.
1. Purchase your fishing license
2. Know the rules and regulations for the state and area where you will be fishing.
3. Call the park ranger or camp site over that area to find the water level. Based on that information, you will know if you are able to bring your boat.
4. Know what kind of fishing you will be doing, such as fly, bass or saltwater. This will enable you to know type of fishing equipment you will need.
5. Verify whether or not the your fishing spot is a catch-and-release area.
6. Pack your supplies
7. Check that everything is in good and usable condition. For example, if your rain gear has holes, buy some new gear.
8. Leave a number and location where you will be for someone at home in case of emergency.
Tips: If you are caught taking fish from a catch-release, you may incur severe penalties and fines.