Knowing the best place to fish is an extremely important skill no matter what sort if fishing you are doing. The following tips provide valuable information on where to go fishing and will help your fishing success.
1. Ask an experienced angler to share her favorite fishing holes or ask an employee in the tackle store for his suggestions.
2. Determine whether the location can be reached by car and whether the car can be safely parked.
3. Evaluate the number of people fishing at the location. Large crowds are undesirable.
4. Observe other fishermen at the location and note the type of gear they use, the types of fish they catch and what lures and baits are working.
5. Find fish in unfamiliar streams, rivers or lakes by trolling. Explore large areas until a promising spot is found.
Tips: Effective trolling requires a good knowledge of lures and how they work at different water levels.
Warnings: Leave the water immediately if there is lightning or any possibility of lightning. Heavy rains and high water levels can create rapids, waves and dangerous fishing conditions.